SPONSORED BY THE NORTH RIDGE CITIZENS' ASSOCIATION (NRCA)
THIS PROGRAM IS ENDED FOR 2019 - THANKS TO ALL!
STAY TUNED FOR 2020....
2019 Categories Included:
Best Wreath/Doorway Display - Instagram-worthy entrance decor to dazzle family and friends.
Best Holiday Lights - Best (dare we allow for most excessive?!) use of outdoor lighting and decorations.
Festivus for the Rest of Us (Most Creative) - Inflatables, homemade decorations - anything goes, just bring the WOW factor
Santa's Favorite Stop - Bring out your inner kid with a delightful & heartwarming tribute to the Jolly Old Elf and his magic.
Best Holiday Spirit for a Local Business - Tis' the season to support our most festively-decked out local business.
To Enter/Eligibility (2019 rules):
- All homes within the North Ridge civic association boundaries are welcome to participate / all major holidays (Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Festivus) are included.
- Homes must be registered by an owner/admirer or "nominated" by our roaming neighborhood elves in order to be part of the judging. Note: Your dazzling decor must be visible from the street.
- Homes must be decorated and nominations must be received by Monday, December 9th, 2019.
- Judging will take place from December 11th to December 13th between 5:00 PM and 9:30 PM, so make sure to have your lights on as soon as it gets dark!
- Results will be announced at the North Ridge Tree Lighting at the Pit (aka Beverley Park) on Sunday, December 15th.
- Honorees will receive a winner's sign to display, along with a full year of neighborhood bragging rights for being someone who makes North Ridge a great community!
- Participation is free and open to all residents within the boundaries of the North Ridge Citizens' Association. All major winter holidays are included.
- NRCA Board members who are not judging, or directly associated with any of our volunteer judges, may enter. Executive Officers are not eligible.
- Contestants must register or be nominated in order to participate.
- Contest is for exterior decorations and yard/curb appeal, but can include those visible in windows from the street. .
- Participants agree to have their name (or business name) and one or more photos of their decorated exterior appear on the NRCA website and other outreach materials (ie. newsletter, social media). Winners agree that no compensation of any kind will be provided for such postings/publicity.
- Participants understand that all judging will be done during late afternoon/evening hours listed after the sign up period has closed.
- Participants are responsible for ensuring that lights, inflatables, animations and/or decorations are in place and activated during the judging period.
- Awards are limited to the categories listed.
- Winners will be contacted by email or telephone after conclusion of the judging period. NRCA will make every effort to ensure that arrangements can be made for an awards presentation/photo opportunity at the Tree Lighting ceremony.
- Be nice (not naughty) and treat this contest like the community-building effort it is - everyone who participates helps spread good cheer!